måndag, februari 03, 2014

What a strange winter...

OK, ok, yes we have snow and ice and dull Days, but this year is very strange. We had to wait until early January to have the first real snow, but even now with almost 50 cm of snow on the ground I find this Winter very mild. The other thing is that we have had almost no sunshine, making this Winter almost the opposite of last year´s Winter.
Now that they Days are getting longer, we have gained about 3 hours of Daylight since christmas, I´m turning into a Belgian again. I need to start thinking of my garden again.
The first objectives are: Not as many different types of vegetables as last year, start using a new part of my garden and different Shapes of the beds. The good thing is that we will have volunteers working here again from May until mid August.
Another objective is to start picking more berries in the Forests. We need to build up a stock for our guests. I was inspired by a Finnish neighbour that showed me his impressive stock of blueberries.
This is why central Europeans come to Sweden and Åmot, live Close to nature including experiencing its tastes...
Maybe this Winter will lead to an explosion of fruits and vegetables later this year?

Inga kommentarer: