tisdag, maj 13, 2014

Winter or spring?

Also in Sweden the climate is changing...
 Last Winter has been one of the warmest in record, with lack of snow in many areas, many stormy Days, a very early start of spring, but also the opposite very cold weather.
In the image below you can see how strange the weather has been recently here in Åmot. While having very early spring (summer-like) weather in March and April, we had a very cold start of May. Even snow was no exception in the first 2 weeks of May.

The consequences for our garden are visable, with leaves arriving almost 2 weeks later as last year, my plants that had started growing in April, now being slowed down, etc.

I´m very glad I started using the permaculture model from the very start. It has helped me to understand the Environment I´m working and living in much better. The model hasn´t provided me with sollutiona, but it has learned to be "mindful" or to use my senses. Nature is not only a brain-thing or a feeling-thing. It is both. Using my senses and therefor growing my understanding has been the best way to deal with the changes taking Place at a very high rate.

In the next update on this blog I want to talk about how permaculture model has helped me also implement its principles in growing my business.

Inga kommentarer: